English 51

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Be careful about what pops up on Tumblr

I simply asked a student to show me his rewritten essay. He proceeded to bring up his Tablet. As he was getting to his essay, suddenly the photo of a topless woman covered the essay. Frankly, I believe the young man is gay, so the topless photo was a dare by the young woman who sits near him.

The photo showed a woman with a white teeshirt over her face but protruding her breasts. Her arms and elbows were pointing out. Her skin color was obvious.

I laughed and said, You never know what is going to pop up on Tumblr. The student laughed and the young woman in the back of the class got embarrassed.

You never know what will happen on a Monday; you never know how students are using technology in the classroom--and it is not always for writing purposes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home